We are looking to fill a Fitness Trainer role at our Rockford, IL location.
Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 800+ locations open in the US and Canada. We are currently seeking a qualified Fitness Trainer. If you are looking for a fun, exciting and rewarding position, you are in the right place!
As an OTF Fitness Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically pre-designed workouts for up to 26 clients per session. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting. An OTF Coach must focus on a well-rounded theory of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client’s experience and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver pre-designed workouts to groups of 26 members
- Energize and motivate members throughout the sessions
- Build OTF attendance and retaining current members
- Ensure safety of participants in regards to heart rate and exercise technique
- Provide options and challenges for specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Attend monthly fitness staff meetings and required educational presentations
- Handle member concerns when applicable
- Assist sales associates, when needed, with OTF studio tours and sales
- Current Personal Trainer or Primary Group Exercise Instructor Certification from select accredited certifying bodies such as but not limited to ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, ISSA, or AFAA.
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in an exercise related field is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
- 1+ years of experience teaching groups or personal training in the fitness industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to safely lift and move up to 40lbs